Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Book of Poems and Sketched

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Jan 2011 18:50

Im not sure where to post this so I hope its in the right place .i am trying to reunite a family with a book I found over 10yrs ago at a book fayre in Keswick(Lake District)
It a book that has been put together by the Gt Grandchild of the person who wrote the poems and did the sketches
The persons name is W G Biddle and the book is full of poetry and pencil sketches a couple of the pencil sketches include Lord Beaconsfield (Benjamin Disraeli) the caption underneath reads Enjoying a picture of perfect repose date Sept 1878 also one on the 7/8/1878 which has Punch in brackets (im assuming this is punch magazine ) other sketches are of Adolphe Thiers (French Politician) and others some of a Teddy Bear one is titled Lazy Boy
and poetry written in 1924 and other dates the latest I have come across is 1937
some of the poems are in News paper cuttings others are by hand .
there are also poems by James Biddle WG Biddles father (it says in the book)
I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge of these men there are photos of a house in the book 74 St Micheals Rd Headingley Leeds which says home of the Biddles.
I have traced the family back and they originaly came from Wiltshire I ahvealso mannged to find the Gtr Grandchildren of W G Bilddle and hopefully have fouund the correct marriages for them.
the person who put this book together obviouisly did it lovingly and I would love to reunite the book with the family

I love in hope
Jackey