Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles King Birch born 09/10/1850

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silverbirch

Silverbirch Report 8 Aug 2010 19:54

Hi all
I'm trying to find out what happened to Charles King Birch, born 09/10/1850 in Kensington, London. His parents were John Birch, born Wrexham (sometimes mistranscribed as Wareham), Wales circa 1805, died 1876 and Mary King born Hampshire (occasionally wrongly recorded as Wales) circa 1811, died 1891. Charles' brother was William Andrew Birch born Beaconsfield, Bucks in 1846 (died 1890).

Charles is recorded on the 1861 census with his parents, brother William and sister Emma (from his father's previous marriage) but I can't find him on later censuses. I ordered a possible death cert for him from the Dec qtr 1861 but it was the wrong person.

There were two possible marriages for him - to an Emily Thrope or to a Selina (the latter in High Wycombe, Bucks and there is a Bucks connection - i.e. his brother was born there) but neither turned out to be the right one. Charles was definitely born in Kensington, London.

Can anyone discover what happened to him? Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks very much.