Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Casey B.c.1819, Kerry or Cork,OrdnanceSurvey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

alan40

alan40 Report 21 Sep 2010 03:20

Chasing info on my G/Grandfather James and descendents. He migrated to England between 1841 (couldn't find in Census) and 19/2/1846 when he married Hannah/Anne Connor at Warrington. Their fathers were John Casey and Peter Connor both born Ireland. James became a Land Surveyor on the Ordnance Survey so moved all over England.
In 1871 Census they were in Battle, East Sussex and kids in order were --John c.1848 at Keighley, James c.1852 Warrington, Thomas c.1856 Darlington, Patrick Stephen (known as Stephen) c.1860 Ambleside/Kendal, William c.1866 Tunbridge and Annie c.1870 Ashford, Kent.
Stephen and wife Annie Manogue were my Grandparents and lived in Stoke then Bolton. They also married in Warrington 21/12/1889 and kids were in order--John William (Bill), Annie,Johanna, Alfred, Wilfred and my Dad Edmund (Eddie). Eddie migrated to Brisbane, Aust. in 1924 followed next year by Bill and Annie with their spouses.
I hope this info may jog a few memories as I've hit a brickwall, especially on James' Irish roots.
Cheers, Alan.