Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patricia and Pamela Fitzgerald

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 16 Sep 2010 21:32

My mum, uncle Len Lee and Auntie Violet recall 2 evacuees, sisters-Pamela and Patricia Fitzgerald, coming to live at 84 Station Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire with Leonard Lee (senior) and Alice Lee, for a while during World War II and I am trying to trace them and their younger brother born whilst they were there.

They arrived we deduce possibly from NOT BEFORE mid 1943 and maybe stayed up to 1946 ish.

Auntie Vi told me evacuee girls names were Pamela Fitzgerald and Patricia Fitzgerald- she thought from London but also some link to Kettering. Uncle Len thought their surname was Fitz something- could have been Fitzgerald or Fitzgorde/on and he thought from Kettering.

They shared a double bed in the big bedroom in which auntie Vi was in also in another double bed which she then shared with auntie Millie when she came out of London.

The girls went to school in Loughborough.

The mother of the 2 evacuees came to visit and stayed often. Her husband was away at war in one of the armed forces.

According to Uncle Len and mum she had a baby about 1945 they are pretty sure it was a boy .

Uncle Len recalls there was an accident with some hot fat and the baby was scalded on its back- he felt it would have been scarred possibly for life and recalls the baby having its dressing seen too- so must have been living with them? c 1945ish?

I have been looking for a while and had identified 1 strong possible family:
which was Patricia J. Fitzgerald reg mar 1932 Islington and sister Pamela J. Fitzgerald reg mar 1934 Islington mothers maiden name Jean D Welham and father Edward J Fitzgerald- BUT I have been in touch with there younger sister who tells me they were never evacuated- so it is NOT them!

...the 2nd (weaker option as not in London or Kettering!) is a Pamela D. Reg mar 1935 and Patricia G. Fitzgerald reg mar 1934 with Mothers Maiden name Eastmond registered Croyden and I have been in touch with Kenneth Eastmond who has a Pamela Fitzgerald in his tree.

There are then only 2 other possible families with both a Pamela and a Patricia Fitzgerald born between 1930 and 1950 in them in the entire transcribed birth records on Ancestry-

One with mothers maiden name O'Brian / O'Brien and the 2nd with mothers maiden surname Fitzgerald / Fishlock or Fitzgerald
BUT I have ruled both of these OUT because 1 or both of the girls in each case was born too late in 1943 and 1946 and 1948.

Of course it is possible that either or both of the girls was known by her middle name or just a pet name and not actually registered as Pamela or Patricia... and if this is the case I am scuppered!

My uncle also thought the surname may have been Fitzgorden/on but there are no siblings Pamela and Patricia Fitzgorde/on born with this surname AT ALL!! again between 1930 to 1950.

Many thanks for looking and If you have any information or ideas that might help me in my search please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you
Catherine Duggins