Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Birth Record

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eddieisagrandad

Eddieisagrandad Report 22 Jul 2010 12:18

I have the regimental birth record and baptism certificate of Louisa Charlotte Heard b.17th January 1879 Ballincollig (Cork?) Ireland but the cerificate does not give a definate name for either her mother nor her father. Only that Louisa was recorded as "a child of the marriage of....". I know that when Louisa was born her parents could not have been married and I have the cert of their marriage in 1880.
Could somebody with access to Irish records please check if there is a record of her birth other than the military one so I can apply for her birth cert? Thank you.