Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John McKenzie m. Catherine Matheson 1826

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 30 Aug 2010 02:51

My g grandfather, John McKenzie, was born in Merkinch, Inverness on March 11, 1838. His parents are John McKenzie (seaman) and Catherine Matheson. Same parents with same spelling listed on his marriage and death registers. The only marriage that I could find for my gg grandparents was in 1826 (but McKenzie is spelled MacK) and I couldn't find any other children born to them. I think it's odd that they would be married for 12 years before having a child and then only one? Also how do I confirm parentage of these two people. Both are common names and marriage certificates for 1826 don't have their parents names on them. I can't find a death register for either of them yet my g granddfather's marriage in 1865 states his parents are both deceased. Where to next??
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Janet