Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Snoddy's from County Antrim

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katherine & Elizabeth

Katherine & Elizabeth Report 11 Aug 2010 20:41

I am trying to trace my mother's father's family from Carrickfergus in County Antrim Northern Ireland. My mother is called Irene Waters nee Snoddy born in 1937 York, and her sister is called Margaret Watson nee Snoddy (known as Rita) born in 1939 Carrickfergus.

Robert Snoddy born in 1904, parents William Snoddy born approx 1870 and Isabelle Snoddy (known as Bella) born approx 1872, and 5 siblings, William Snoddy born approx 1893, Margaret Snoddy (known as Meg or Maggie) born approx 1894, Sarah Snoddy born approx 1897, Mary Snoddy born approx 1898, and Martha Snoddy born approx 1900.
We know that Robert's dad William was born in Larne, and that Robert and all his siblings were born in Carrickfergus, however we are not sure where his mum Isabelle was born.
We know that Isabelle died sometime between 1904 and 1911.

If anyone knows anything about them or think they might be related to them please let us know.