Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oliver DNA PROJECT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chaye

Chaye Report 3 Jun 2010 00:26

OLIVER DNA Project

I have been searching for the parents of my gg grandfather William Oliver, born in Scotland, for 21 years and am unable to find any concrete written evidence.

I now believe that the only way I will solve this puzzle is though DNA technology.

I am presently involved in an Oliver DNA project, using my brother’s DNA, to see if this technology can help find my ggg grandfather and beyond.

If you are a MALE with the surname OLIVER would you be willing to join the Oliver DNA Project? The more in it the more likely we are to find our distant ancestors and our connections. My brother’s DNA matches Olivers in Scotland, Ireland, America & Canada.

The following link will take you to the OLIVER DNA Project Web site -

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/oliverDNA/default.aspx?

where you will find information about the OLIVER DNA project and the use of DNA in genealogy research.

There is no fee for submitting your Y DNA results to this group. There is a cost to getting your DNA tested but it is getting a lot cheaper than it used to be. Your DNA is only tested for genealogy markers and not for health markers.

Hope you find this information useful to your own genealogy research. If you have any questions please contact me.

Thank you
Chaye Oliver
Australia