Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sharing documents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 3 Dec 2010 16:57

I recently was loaned a copy of "The Clough" issued by John Crossley and Sons Ltd of Halifax dated 1953.

Crossley's Carpets was a major employer in Halifax for well over 150 years, the magazine (house journal) contains some very interesting historical information that may well be useful to fellow Genealogy / Historical researchers as it contains topics inter alia on:

The history of the Crossley Brothers
A short story
Marriages
Retirements
Deaths
Sporting activities

and Photographs of:
Guests at their 150th Anniversary celebrations
A Royal visit
Workers and machines in use at the time
The Management Team

The purpose of this post is to identify if there is any mechanism set up already for "sharing documents" that may otherwise be lost or destroyed - or may help others in their research.

For my own purposes I have scanned the 30 page document, but would be willing to share to others if there was such an option