Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1921 Look up please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jun 2024 16:10

Harry and Euginie Paddock.
Harry was born 30/10/1884 Birmingham
Euginie Abel was born 24/08/1889

They married 01/09/1912 in Sparkbrook, Birmingham.
1915 they were living at 85 Hingeston Street, Birmingham

I have them on all the census except 1921.

Harry died 1957

Please can someone see if they can find them on the 1921 census.

All the best

Jane

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jun 2024 16:23

Ages in 1921 are opposite way round

At the same address as 1915

He is a manager outdoor licence, working for Mitchell & Butler

Also at the address, brothers-in-law Edwin and Harold Chorley, and wife’s uncle Godfrey Chater

Eugenie’s surname when marrying was CHORLEY….no reference anywhere that I can see to the name ABEL

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jun 2024 16:28

Thanks Erikah

I will update my records with that information.

All the best

Jane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 1 Jun 2024 17:51

You have quoted the DOBs given in 1939, which gives the wrong YEARS - but the days and months seem correct, as is often the case with the 1939 Register..

Births:

CHORLEY, EUGENIA mmn CHATER
GRO Reference: 1884 S Quarter in ASTON Volume 06D Page 301

PADDOCK, HARRY mmn SMITH
GRO Reference: 1889 D Quarter in BIRMINGHAM Volume 06D Page 34

greyghost

greyghost Report 1 Jun 2024 18:03

1921 from Find My Past - full details

1921 Census Of England & Wales
85, Hingeston Street, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Sex Birth year Age in years Birth place Occupation Employer
Harry Paddock Head Male 1889 31 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Manager Outdoor Bar Licence Mitchells & Butler Ltd Bham Brewers
Eugenie Paddock Wife Female 1884 36 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Domestic 85 Hingeston St Outdoor Bar House
Edwin Chorley Brother-in-law Male 1899 22 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Jewellers Case Maker Heinstlo Jewel Case Makers
Harold Chorley Brother-in-law Male 1904 16 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Carpenters Apprentice Whitehouse & Son Builders
Godfrey Chater Uncle, wife Male 1871 49 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Tube Bender Perpecta Tube Works Aston

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jun 2024 19:27

I gave Jane the full 1921 info on her 21st May thread about Edwin Chorley, which is on this page………a pity she didn’t take notice of it…………I knew the names rang bells!!

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1402867