Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pamela Warner & Dale Warner (son) Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michele

Michele Report 23 Jul 2024 21:39

Hi

This may be a long shot but I wonder if there is anyone from Western Australia that is able to do a search for Pamela and Dale Warner, emigrated to Australia in 1966 and was in Spearwood at some point, I am unable to find if there is a marriage certificate for Pamela, and any further information on Dale. Dale was born in the UK in 1960.

Any help would be appreciated
TIA
Michele

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2024 22:00

Putting Australia in your title would be a good idea

What about the husband/father? Didn’t he emigrate as well?

And the other children?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Jul 2024 22:34

This Dale Warner seems to be the right age.
Started secondary school in Fremantle in 1973.
13 is the age to start secondary school in Australia, I believe.

https://www.facebook.com/dale.warner.902/about_overview

In a post on someone else's Facebook page he mentions having ridden (cycled) "along the railway line from Spearwood before it was all built up" to Bibra Lake.
"I used to ride my dirt bike there in the sand pit there before it was built.. Great site for bikes."

greyghost

greyghost Report 23 Jul 2024 22:37

Both show on ER's together in 1980 in Spearwood, Fremantle, Western Australia. No online ER's after that date.

You could try the "Ask a Librarian" Service if they can locate any information after that but there may be privacy rules.

https://slwa.wa.gov.au/plan-my-visit/services

------------------
This link gives info about the availability of online certificates - they are open if over 100years since a birth, over 75 years since a marriage and over 30 years since a death

https://www.wa.gov.au/service/justice/civil-law/searching-family-history#accordion--wa-online-index

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2024 16:08

I see the title has been amended, bu no feedback on thread :-S :-S

Michele

Michele Report 24 Jul 2024 16:22

Only Pamela and Dale emigrated. Sorry I wrote this last night and obviously didn’t post it.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2024 16:30

Thanks for adding - have you any thoughts on the advice/possible info posted?

Michele

Michele Report 24 Jul 2024 16:35

Hi

I know very little other than they emigrated in 1966, he arrived with his mum Pamela, and she may have remarried in Australia, she might also have had more children. There is no further record of either of them returning to the UK.

The post regarding the Facebook might be helpful, but it won’t allow me to open it.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2024 17:55

I know it's probably obvious, but if you aren't a member of FB you won't be able to access the content.= so are you?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Jul 2024 18:50

Hmmm - I've just tried to open the Facebook link myself, and can't .
It's saying
"This content isn't available at the moment
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted."

However, if you Google the phrase "Dale Warner, Spearwood"
you'll see a search result entitled "Lost Perth - Cheryl Triat looking back to 1983 as Adventure ... "

(Or just Google that title.)

That's on the other person's FB page, on which Dale posted.
Click on that link, and (if you're logged into FB) scroll down the posts relating to the old picture of the swimming pool, until you come to Dale's post about the dirt bike.

Click on his name, and it will take you to his own FB page - which isn't particularly informative, but you could send him a message.

Of course, I can't guarantee that's "your" Dale.

He hasn't added anything to his own FB since 2020, but his post about the dirt bike, on the other page, was a year ago.

Michele

Michele Report 25 Jul 2024 21:17

Thankyou! This information has potential! The photo of Dale has a resemblance, and so the next step is to try and make contact, it’s sensitive due to an adoption but it’s worth a shot!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Jul 2024 21:38

Good luck!