Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

post to Wakeman surname board for info only

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Aug 2010 18:51

I am adding this post because I hope to alert other members in future to a particular search, in case it reappears, and help fellow "helpers" avoid having their time wasted. The two threads (and a simultaneous request about the same thing posted in one of the many "lookup" threads here -- folks, *all* helpers on this board offer "free lookups") were deleted last night.

The names in question include
Lily R W Woodgate 1913
Edward H Wakeman
married 1934 Staines
Colin Wakeman

One of our regular members had offered considerable help on this query in the initial thread on Records, and civilly asked that the poster delete the duplicate on TTF; I pointed out in the "lookup" thread that there were two existing threads.

The poster replied to that civil request to delete the duplicate thread (and to try searching at FreeBMD as any of us would do) by saying:

"with all due respect i ll see if anyone can help here, as i pay for been on the site."

Isn't that special. Maybe someone who pays for being on the site would take the trouble to read the RULES they agree to when they post here, and show consideration for the people they are asking for help, who also pay to be on this site.

I have saved copies of the threads in question, so if anyone runs across this post while doing a boards search for the names, in connection with a reposting of the subject in future, feel free to PM me!

Other names related to the same posts/poster : Ernest - Roger - David Clarke.