Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Manson Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 7 Aug 2024 22:20

Hi,
I am hoping with the attached information, someone can help by contacting the Manson family or offspring.

Larne Times, 7 Dec.1944: Wedding of Larne Airman A.C.I Thomas Manson, R-A.F., second son of Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Manson, Portland Road. Larne, and his bride, Miss Elizabeth Hanna, oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William J. Hanna, Glynn Road, Larne, following their wedding in Gardenmore ...

Larne Times, 8 Feb.1951: ... John M'Murtry. Interred in Larne Cemetery on Sunday, 4th inst. Deeply regretted by her Daughter and Son-in-law, Mary and Hugh Manson, and Family.
M'MURTRY— February 2, 1951,. Rose M'Murtry, dear grandmother ... Thos. Manson. Deeply regretted by Tommy, Elizabeth ...

Larne Times, 21 Jan.1954: ... his loving Wife and Family, 4 Portland Road, Larne Harbour. In our thoughts. MANSON In loving memory of my dear father, Hugh Manson, who died 18th January, 1953. Ever remembered by his loving Daughter. Son-in-law and Grandchildren, Joan and Jim Lyle...

Belfast Telegraph, 16 June 1980: MANION, MARY (MOLLY) June 15, 1960, at Hospital, dearly-loved eldest daughter of the late Hugh and Mary Manson, 31 Ramore Green, Larne (formerly of Portland Road). Funeral from her home, tomorrow (Tuesday), at 2 p.m., to Larne Cemetery

Ann

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Aug 2024 22:36

Look in ‘search all member trees’ for connections on this site

You will need to know when these people were BORN, as these newspaper clippings do not have any clues about ages

Try looking for info on the Irish BMD site

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Aug 2024 22:50

Previous thread on FLR dated May 2022

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1400112

Jink20

Jink20 Report 7 Aug 2024 23:15

A tree on Ancestry has the following information on Thomas Manson

Birth
12 Apr 1920 • Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland

Age 57 —Death of wife Elizabeth Jane Hanna (1920–1978)
08 Feb 1978 • Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland

Age 83 —Residence
2003-2005 • Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Age 93 —Death
08 Aug 2013 • Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Aug 2024 23:19

In a GR tree……….easily found

Jink20

Jink20 Report 7 Aug 2024 23:34

His service was conducted at Gardenmore Presbyterian Church on Monday August 12th

Or you take out a Free Trial with Ancestry and search Public Member Trees. You will find Thomas' name on 3 trees. Within one of those results is a Gallery page within which is a copy of Thomas' funeral service, the newspaper wedding clipping and photograph of his grave. The chap who posted those images in 2015 was last using Ancestry today...and does not have the same First name as the GR tree owner.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Aug 2024 08:29

I know it is a bit old hat but have you tried the telephone directories. Searched electoral rolls, Facebook or even place an advert in newspapers that cover Larne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2024 15:35

Try researching using the following site, for which you have to register.

Info available is LIMITED

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2024 16:03

BT no longer have an online telephone directory

Try the following................

https://www.192.com/people/search/

Ann

Ann Report 8 Aug 2024 19:21

My husband and I were in Ireland a couple of years ago, followed up the information, tried writing to a few people who were connected to the Manson family. Also visited the church where my Father In Law got married, went to the cemetery where Rose and family were laid to rest. My Father In Law came back to Edinburgh remarried etc.

Tried Genes trees and Electoral Rolls, we even went to the address where Rose stayed. Need to broaden my search.

Thanks everyone.

Ann

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Aug 2024 20:53

The British Newspaper Archive have some NI papers up to the 1990’s - might be worth searching those for mentions of the family.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2024 22:45

Have you actually sent a message via GR to the person who has Thomas in a Tree on here?
Just checking………. ;-) ;-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2024 12:04

These are in the GR tree to which I made reference

Name HUGH MANSON
Date of Birth 15 August 1915
Group Registration ID 1466322
SR District/Reg Area Larne
Sex Male
Mother's Birth Surname MC MURTRY
Image(s) 1 2

Name HUGH MANSON
Date of Birth 1887
Group Registration ID 11446365
SR District/Reg Area Larne
Sex see register entry
Mother's Birth Surname see register entry(JONES)
Father William Hugh

Ann

Ann Report 11 Aug 2024 22:23

Thanks everyone who has responded to my query.

Ann