Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Clarke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chocoholic

Chocoholic Report 25 Apr 2014 22:09

Anyone help please? My ggrandfather was on 1911 census as 'Retired Pensioner Royal Marines'. I don't know his military record dates. He was born c1865 in Ireland, married as a 'Private Royal Marines' in Plymouth 1893 and died Plymouth 1917. Have tried all sites to find his military records but found nothing. Any ideas?

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 25 Apr 2014 22:35

You can search for his record here, and, if found, download it for a small sum. It's a common name, so there might be more than 1 possibility, although perhaps he was in Plymouth Division, so some can be ruled out.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/royal-marines-register-service.htm

Chocoholic

Chocoholic Report 4 May 2014 20:46

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried that site and found nothing for him but I did find his three sons records.